Sunday, March 9, 2014

Crossfit Open Sunday, here we go again.


Rolled out of bed at 7:30 to get ready for church. Which was really 6:30 what with the time change. Oh man was I groggy. Church was good though. Made it there more or less on time. Special went well and I got to worship with some great people. 

Came home and got changed to go do the thing. Grabbed a bite to eat and then headed to the box. I was scheduled to go at 2:00 but we got there around 1:00. Started warming up around 1:30 and felt fairly confident that I could make it through the first round. Wow was I wrong! I had three minutes to do 10 Overhead Squats at 95lbs and 10 Chest to Bar Pull-ups twice. I knocked the first set of OHS in about 20 seconds. I spent the next 2:40 staring at the bar wondering why I couldn't get that last half inch between my chest and the bar. I got exactly ONE C2B. Ah well. It'll get there. If we ever get something other than a gymnastic style endurance WOD I'll try to make up some lost ground. 

Quick grocery store trip and then home. Hannah took the girls for a play date with Rosey while I worked on the new buffet. Got about an hour and a halfs worth of work in before calling it a night. It's starting to look like something. Well, sorta. 


Hopefully I'll be able to finish it in the next few weeks. If I do my job right it should be pretty sharp. 

As my mind is always running, no really I wake up thinking about something every night, I think I've got next years half time show picked out. No I'm not telling you what it is. I know what kind of thieves the band directors who read my blog are. I'm pretty geeked about it. 

During church something clicked. A piece, or two, for One Man War clicked into place. Yes, I know I should have been paying attention but sometimes my mind wanders. Which is a whole new twist on the whole "not all who wander are lost". See what I did there?

Anyway, it's time to go soak and then watch True Detective. Back to school tomorrow. In the words of number Ten "I don't want to go".

No comments:

Post a Comment